Zz-kolibri-upgrade stays stalled

Unique to this device.

Unfortunately there are risks in doing these processes. I canā€™t guarantee more data wonā€™t be lost, so please make backups of the /root/ directory as it may contain a backup database we can look for. Make backups of the /.data/RACHEL/ directory, the /media/uploaded/ directory, and anything else you may need on the device. This process wipes the EMMC which contains the operating system. It will wipe the entire emmc but the hard drive should be okay. In any case, please be aware that some more data might be lost in this process.

These are the steps to create a recovery to try the same database with Kolibri 0.9.0 again.

1. Back up the entire /.data/RACHEL/.kolibri/ folder and other folders mentioned above to your PC

2. Make sure the db.sqlite file in /.data/RACHEL/.kolibri/ is the 485 one

3. Download and unzip ftp.worldpossible.org/rachel_plus/recovery/CAP3_RACHEL_Recovery_USB_3.0.2.img.zip

4. Download Win32DiskImager from https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

5. Plug a 16GB USB drive into your PC

6. Open In Win32DiskImager, press the folder button

folder

1. Select the CAP3_RACHEL_Recovery_USB_3.0.2.img file

7.On the right select your USB device from the dropdown. Please make sure this is the right USB device as this does delete all data.

device

1. Click Write

2. When complete. Press okay and then safely eject the USB drive from your PC

3. Make sure your RACHEL-Plus is plugged into a power outlet

4. Place the USB drive on the back of your RACHEL device

5. Hold the power button for 5 seconds until the blue light comes on, then release

6. Wait for the device to shut down.

7. Unplug the USB from the device and boot

8. Check to see if this worked.

Again, please be sure there is no other data on the device youā€™d like a backup of before continuing.

James, Iā€™m concerned I might be getting in over my head trying to do what you have described above (especially with the risks involved). It seems that we have exhausted all of the reasonable options and I may just have to ask the school to recreate their modules.

Thatā€™s fair @gary.friesen. If you need any more help please let me know.

Thanks so much, James, for your timely and high-quality assistance. You have gone ā€œover and aboveā€ in helping us!

1 Like

Youā€™re very welcome, and thank you for the kind words! I wish we had a better outcome on this issue. Iā€™m always happy to help so feel free to message me any time.