Broke Intel Cap. Unable to restore through USB Recovery

Downloading it now. I will try it our tonight and report back how I do.

This will be helpful, ill be trying out tomorow and get back to you. Just to confirm this also applies to my device too jeremy?

@mengal35 this is for CAP 1.0. Your original note implied 2.0 but the model number implies 1.0. If you send me a picture of the label on the back of your device I can confirm.

Hi jeremy!

Attached is the image of the back of the device,

I also asked permission from my gmail address s.sa**@gmail.com, please allow the file to be downloaded.

Cheers and thanks alot for your efforts @sam and @jeremy

@mengal35 the model number has an _W.JP thatā€™s unusual to me. If I were guessing, does your device have a cellular modem inside it? Where are you located? Where did the device come from? Iā€™m just wondering if we are missing drivers to be compatible with what might be a Japan suffix to the model number.

No its not with a sim, got it from a local distributor in Pakistan. I wouldnā€™t mind trying the recovery. I couldnā€™t access the google drive earlier. Could you check the link.

Yea, I donā€™t have access to grant access. @sam can you grant @mengal35 access to the CAP recovery USB?

The images in that folder are old - I the latest CAP original image is uploaded here

Go to "original-usb-images"
Then ā€œIntel-USB-Recovery-notRACHELā€

That will install the original Intel image on the CAP.

NOTE: RACHEL will not be installed.

1 Like

Hi @sam, I think the link which you shared is broken. Itā€™s sending me to My Shared Folders only, can you please check. Iā€™ll have a quick look. If i can bring back the device with this recovery it will be helpful. I can then try installing RACHEL after.

My faultā€¦I accidentally deleted the folder. Iā€™ll re-upload it in a few hours when I return home.

Okay, it should be there now. Let me know if you can get to it.

1 Like

I tried. Not going through still. The device is not breathing. Ill just give it back to the reseller. Thanks alot for the help guys!

1 Like