Error trying to connect to Rachel Plus using FileZilla

Hello, I am learning how to upload modules because the NGO I collaborated with received some Rachel Plus devices from a donation and we need to create some custom modules, I follow the steps presented in the videos on Jeremy Schwartz’s youtube channel. Also, I read information in the zip file en-module_maker.zip Index of /zipped-modules for step 2.

My problem comes when I try to connect with Rachel in Filezilla I always get an error:
Authentication failed.
Critical Error: Failed to connect to server.

Personally I think the password is wrong because I guess a bit, in en-module_maker.zip there is a pdf called CreatingaRACHELModuleInstall it reads the password for root on the RACHEL device, but I only see the default username/password admin/admin and it doesn’t work. I hope you can help me please, thank you.

Hi @JoG,

I suggest trying this tutorial that uses WinSCP instead.

If you use the ip address 192.168.88.1, make sure you are connected to the device over WIFI. If your RACHEL-Plus is connected over ethernet to a router you can use the router assigned IP address for your device instead.

James

Hi @jamesk, thank you so much for helping me. I follow all the steps and when I try to connect it appears Denied Access.

I sent a new login/pass options in private that might work. My guess is someone has changed the password if those don’t work.

Thank you so much, with the password you sent me it work.

1 Like

That’s great to hear!