How to update RACHER Server php7.3 to php 7.4

I am using a Rachel server using Raspberry Pi.
Is it possible to update Rachel’s server’s php7.3 version to php 7.4 version?
Please leave a way.

Hi @JinHwa_Jung,

This requires upgrading the OS and installing the new PHP packages which will likely break the current configuration for RACHEL.

I’ll make a new RACHEL-Pi image some time in the next few days that will have PHP7.4. This hasn’t been done for some time due to the WIFI driver on newer OS versions dropping the number of concurrent users down to 7 or 8 from 32, but that may be fixed now.

I’ll let you know when it’s available to try,

James

1 Like

Thank you for the update on the RACHEL-Pi image and the efforts to upgrade PHP to version 7.4.
Please keep me posted on your progress. I’m hopeful for a positive outcome.

Jin.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay on this @JinHwa_Jung, I will post an image today or tomorrow for you to try.

1 Like

I’m writing to inquire about the progress of the ongoing PHP update. As I haven’t received any recent updates or information regarding the status, I would appreciate it if you could provide me with information.

JIn.

There are some changes with the latest 2023 OS available that is resulting in errors with the installation process that I’ve been working through. I can only work on this in my spare time which is limited and will let you know when it’s ready.

2 Likes

I really appreaciate for your time and effort.

jin.

Hi @JinHwa_Jung,

Sorry for the delay. Here’s a new RACHEL-Pi image that’s running on the latest 64bit OS with PHP 8.1.

https://ftp.worldpossible.org/rachel-pi/beta/rachel_pi_64bit_03_14_2024.zip

Hopefully that works for you as going back to 7.4 is difficult, but I can give you a 32bit image that has 7.4 if needed. Please let me know how it works for you.

James

Hi James

Thank you for the good news.

What I want is a 32bit OS with a php7.4 or higher version.

1. If possible, I would appreciate it if you could leave me 32 bit img.

2. If there’s also a way to reliably upgrade from php7.3 to 7.4 version in the existing RACHEL I have, you can also teach me how.

Jin