New Deployment for Niger Delta

I’m new to this platform. I stumbled across Rachel while searching how to use chrome book without the internet. We’re starting a new elementary/primary school in a remote part of the Niger Delta this September, 2019, and I’m so excited about the possibilities of Rachel. I’m here to learn all I can so I can give the best to my students. I hope to buy one device soon.

1 Like

Welcome @hilda! You’ve stumbled into a great tool!

I recommend taking a watch of this video on the RACHEL-Plus page as an intro: https://store.worldpossible.org/collections/frontpage/products/rachel-plus

I’m going to move your post within the forums so you don’t get stuck in a technical discussion :slight_smile:

Thank you Jeremy. I just bought one. I travel in about 5 weeks to the Niger Delta. So hopefully I can learn how to use it before travelling.

2 Likes

Hi Hilda. Great to see you here. I’m from Delta State in Nigeria and I’m wondering what part of the Niger River Delta you plan on deploying Rachel. It’d be interesting to collaborate and work with you on this. Also what platform would you be running Rachel from? A Raspberry Pi? Or A Rachel Plus Server?

1 Like

Wow. This is good. I bought the Rachel plus. We are starting a new elementary school in a village called Uduere in Ughelli North Local Government Area this September. Yes, I very much will like to collaborate and work with you too. What part of the Delta are you from?

1 Like

Lol… I’m from Ughelli South. Spent ages 6-12 growing up in Ughelli main Town (which was the capital of the then Ughelli Local Government before it was split into North and south)

I currently live and work in Lagos though

1 Like

That is amazing. I’m originally from Udu local Govt Area. Born and raised in Warri. I currently live in the US and will retire soon and go back home. Like they say, it is a very small world. You never know who you will run into. On another note, I bought a Rachel plus last week, but never got an email acknowledging the purchase. I called and left a message yesterday. Hopefully I will get it in time and learn how to use it before I travel. Do you use one at the moment? I’m so excited about this device and the possibilities it will give my students.

1 Like

Migwo Ma… I have a very strong feeling I know you o! Is your other name Mary?

I haven’t used the Rachel Plus before. Most of my hands on has been with the RachelPi. But apart from the Rachel Plus being built for “industrial” use there’s barely any difference between the RachelPi and the Rachel Plus

1 Like

Vren doh. Yes my other name is Mary. I received my Rachel yesterday in the mail

1 Like

Does this mean you two actually know eachother? That is quite amazing!

The world is really a small place! Aunty its me o. Kiemute’s Husband. Ese.

1 Like

We do. We are family in fact!!!

1 Like

This is incredible. OMG. I can’t believe it. Ese!!! Yes Jeremy, he is my niece’s husband. I feel more confident about this Rachel experience. I should be home soon and I will need your help very much. I will call you Ese. I’m so happy about this.

1 Like

This is totally incredible! Are you two working on the new elementary school project together? What a great connection!

It’s mind blowing. When you mentioned “elementary school” and Ughelli, in my mind I said “Tobore came home for something like this a few weeks back.” when you then said you are from Udu I had to put a call through to Wifey asking her “Is Aunty Mary’s other name Hilda?”. She was surprised where I dug Hilda out from. When she said yes I was definite that you were Aunty Mary. It’s completely mind blowing. I am very excited about this. RACHEL will definitely be a plus at the school and I am excited about that. I’m sure I can provide a lot of support for you on this here.

No. We’re not working on the same project. But he has promised to help me out, which is great. I definitely need his help as he been using Rachel before. Plus he is more into computers. And I’m not that computer savvy

Thank you so much. Ese. I will very much use your help in providing technical support to us. I will get your number from your wife and call you later today.

This conversation is amazing. I have been deploying Rachel to elementary and high schools in Nigeris for almost 5 years now.
I am based in the silicon valley here in California. Will love to connect with both Hilda and airsay

1 Like

Good evening. Yes, I bought a Rachel plus, and took it home to Delta State in Nigeria. I started a new school in Ughelli North LGA in Nigeria, last September. It has been fantastic. The students love it. Though we still have some challenges, but it is a great device and we have not fully explored it yet.

2 Likes

Finally!

Good to be back here. I’d been struggling to retrieve my password aftee having my email hacked.

Now is a very wonderful time for Rachel in Nigeria! There’s a lot of interest in learning solutions that can save parents the soaring cost of Internet connectivity while offering children a platform wey they can still carry on their learning