RACHEL Impact Assessments

Over the years, many deployment partners have done impact assessments of RACHEL on the ground. Here we try to collect and discuss them:

2017-289_Doceo_LiberiaReportY2_nobleed-compressed.pdf (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Hello,
I am helping to develop a new digital strategy for a charity that provides books and reading resources to classrooms and libraries globally. We are currently looking at the RACHEL as part of a new digital programme, and while the two assessments featured here are helpful, we would like to look at any more recent impact assessments from RACHEL-based projects. Is anyone able to add any here? Thank you!

Hi @IanJ - I haven’t heard of anything more recent. Both of these studies, as well as one in Liberia, were due for follow-ups that were canceled due to COVID. COVID made it very difficult in many contexts for people to travel to sites for research as well as for students to have regular study patterns on the device. Hopefully, in the future, some groups pick this stuff up again. That being said, the premise and content on RACHEL have changed very little so I wouldn’t expect dramatically different results than seen here.

Hi @jeremy, many thanks for this. I do of course understand the difficulties surrounding COVID. Are you able to direct me to the initial Liberia study that you mention, please?

Hi @IanJ – The Liberia
2017-289_Doceo_LiberiaReportY2-compressed.pdf (1.2 MB)
report is here covering 2 years

Many thanks for this, @jeremy.

Is the Guatemala report available in English?

I’m pretty sure we google translated it at one point, but I’ll look around and see

Any luck on finding the English version?