I have gotten my RACHEL plus into a confused state and could use some help. I am guessing the issue was caused by using the zz-kolibri-update scripts to update my Kolibri to the latest version, but its hard to be a 100% sure. It also may be a file corruption issue due to moving my RACHEL plus to another site.
The RACHEL Plus no longer mounts the /dev/sda1 drive on /.data. If I manually mount the drive at this location it works fine. I would have expected to see the /dev/sda1 drive auto mounted through /etc/fstab. However, my /etc/fstab file does not have an entry for /dev/sda1. Is it possible that my /etc/fstab got corrupted? Does the RACHEL Plus normally mount /dev/sda1 through /etc/fstab or does it mount it through a different system service? Anyone know?
/dev/sda is not mounted through fstab. Please try:
Type: lsscsi (verify the Linux kernet can see the device.
If device is found, type: fsck -y /dev/sda1 (if there is filesystem corruption, it is generally minimal and this will clear it up. If you have added content which you cannot recover elsewhere, do not use the -y argument. If the fs corruption is significant, you would not want all of the inode tables updated/cleared…).
Reboot and give the device 10 mintes before refreshing the browser.
Perfect. Running fsck and rebooting fixed the problem.
Note, lsscsi is not installed. I verified the disk was recognized with fdisk -l.
I am a bit surprised fsck worked. I manually mounted the drive without any difficulties. I would have thought the mount command would have failed if fsck was needed.
I am still curious as to how the disk is mounted. I figured out it is being mounted by systemd, but I could not find the unit file. I would love to understand the setup. A pointer to where it is configured should be sufficient. Thanks!
Great to hear you are up and running and good call on backup utility. Working on multiple environments, it’s easy to forget one doesn’t have lsscsi. I will message you offline with the nuts & bolts of the mount.