Rachel Plus powers on, no WiFi

We are able to power up the Rachel Plus, but the WiFi light does not light up. If we connect an Ethernet cable to the unit, is there a way to access the content and also look at the Admin settings?
Thanks,
David

Hi David,

You should be able to access RACHEL at the IP address your router assigned it if you plug an ethernet cable into the left ethernet port of the RACHEL-Plus. If you plug the ethernet cable into the right port of the RACHEL-Plus and the other end directly into your PC, you can access the RACHEL at http://203.30.1.1 .

If you are seeing no wifi light at all, it’s possible that something was damaged during the shipping of your device.

James

Hello James, thanks for the reply. We will let you know if we are successful.
David

Hello James, we connected the router to the left Ethernet cable line of the Rachel unit and the right Ethernet cable line from the Rachel unit to the PC. We then enter the IP address http://203.20.1.1 and were not able to get a connection to the Rachel unit. (PC laptop Wi-Fi off).

We did connect the router directly to the PC (with Wi-Fi off) and no connections to the Rachel just to double check we had a network connection, that worked fine.

Any other steps we can take to test or do we have a bad unit ( this unit has been in use for the past few months )?
Thanks for all your help.
David

Hi David,

Yes if the wifi doesn’t turn on at the start and there’s no connection from wired networking, there must be a bigger issue going on with the hardware that we can’t fix without doing a full USB recovery ( which wipes the drives ). If you don’t want to try that and then reload the content onto thedevice, you should contact us through www.worldpossible.org with your order number for this device and we’ll look at next steps.

Hope one of those is an option.

James

Hello James, thanks for the reply. How do we acquire the USB and the instructions to do the full recovery? Is there a cost for the USB and can it be shipped directly to India? I am located on the West Coast.
Thanks,
David

Hi David,

We provide a link to download the recovery USB image as a last resort to customers who contact us with their order number. It includes instructions on how to quickly create the USB. We do not sell or ship the USB itself.

James

Hello James, the Invoice ID is c17766760349785.1, Transaction ID: 18W680201F3719245.
Hope this helps.

The order was by Mic McDaniel. He is the president of Global Helps Network as nonprofit I help support. The unit is in India. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance,
David

1 Like

Thank you David,

I’ve messaged you privately with the recovery image that includes further steps.

James