System Corrupted/Boot Failure

Hi Jeremy,

A Rachel Plus that I purchased last year 2018 has ceased to turn on. I have be notified that the staff in the school hold down the power button and wait for it to turn off instead o pressing it three times an waiting for it to shut down.

I’m assuming that the system is being corrupted/boot failure. Is there any way to reinstall or rectify this issue?

Please advise.

Nigel

Hi @Nigel – is the system not booting at all?

If it is booting, do you know how to SSH into a device? If so, this is a good next step: All content modules missing suddenly

Hi Jeremy,

I have not done one before but I can follow instructions if given. Would you be able to provide me the steps please?

Thanks

Nigel

From what the teachers have advised me of, it’s not turning on at all.

That’s the scenario. I don’t think it’s being dropped etc because it’s wall mounted. It’s either the gadgets not being connected properly and charged or an issue with the booting. I just want to be prepared for the worst case scenario… I’m not there at the moment but will be next week.

So maybe provide the SSH steps…would be a good idea.

Thanks

Thanks, is there any way to tell if the little blue dot is illuminated or is the machine totally unresponsive?

Will call them and revert.
Nigel

Hi Jeremy,
I have spoken to the teachers and they have rectified the issue. The server was not charging because it was not properly connected…they mounted the charger onto an adapter that precisely fits the wall GPO so it’s up and running now.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Cheers

Nigel

1 Like