Unresponsive CAP 1

The box is on its way back to Tanzania. I’ll still welcome any suggestions or ideas as to why the battery status reads “100%” yet it cannot hold a charge. And I checked by having an SSH session in play that it is not a graceful shutdown, but a cold shutdown. The last time I did a graceful button shutdown while in an SSH session my SSH session was informed of the pending shutdown.

We do have some extra batteries in the office, but we’d have to get the device here. We can’t ship the batteries unfortunately.

I have a WRTD-303N and it is giving the same battery problems. It’s been sitting for a year, here is Sierra Leone, unplugged. The battery is not swollen. I pulled the battery and the device stopped doing the shutdowns that gkholman described. I had some issues with modules not working and not updating from the web also so I’m planning to use the instructions at Update Firmware on RACHEL-Plus 1.0 (WRTD-303N Model) to start over using the CAP1_RACHEL_Recovery_USB_1.2.1.img.zip image. Hopefully that gets everything working again.