Updating Modules on Rachel-Pi 3

I understand the process of updating the modules for a Rachel-Plus 3.0. I don’t see a similar feature in the Rachel-Pi? Is there an easy way to do this?

Hi @LarryDT,

Which version of RACHEL are you using with your Raspberry Pi?

I assume it is the current version. I got it off the FTP site recently.

There are a few versions. Do you have an admin interface on the main page that you can log in to and install modules? If so, that is where you update modules when they’re available. If not you’re likely using an older version of RACHEL for the Pi and you would have to manually update those or switch to a newer image which I can link you.

Hello…i’m a bit confused with the World Possible content page. We have an image which you can install and then go to the admin page and install modules. And then we have a content page where you can download all the modules too. When i download those modules, where / how would i install them? are those downloadable modules for Linux devices and not the RPIs?

Hi @walash,

The content download page at https://rachel.worldpossible.org has zipped modules you can download and then take to a RACHEL-Plus or RACHEL-Pi device which may not have an available internet connection. The Install tab on the admin page is a live download directly to the device when it is connected to the internet.

You can transfer the zip files using the upload utility on the settings page in the admin area of RACHEL or you can follow this tutorial to transfer them using WinSCP.

James

1 Like