Wikipedia unable open properly and search

Hi Team,

I am unable to open Wikipedia and even search after a failed upgrade.
Someone please help me. Below is the screenshot of what I received.

1 Like

Hi Laso,

How did you try to upgrade. Was this just by downloading the module from the Install tab, or another method?

James

1 Like

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply. I used a cable to connect the RACHEL Plus 4.0 to a router to access the internet and later logged into the RACHEL Plus Admin side and updated but was very slow so I quitted update. Now I experienced this issue with Wikipedia.

1 Like

Hi Laso,

Unfortunately when you start the update the old files are deleted and the new ones are downloaded. If you stopped the update before it completes you will have incomplete files that won’t load.

Wikipedia is about 80GB which is very large so it can take a long time to download on slower connections. The best ways to get it working again are to either take the device to a fast internet connection to re-download the module, or download the module zip from https://rachel.worldpossible.org to a pc on a fast connection, then transfer the contents to the device. I can provide instructions for that.

I think Romeo may be visiting you soon as well. His device will have this module so he may be able to provide a copy too.

Hope that helps.

Hi James,

That is exactly what may have happened. Maybe I will download the zip module from another device or wait for Romeo. Romeo’s PNG visa is not ready yet and I hope the PNG immigration process his visa quickly.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Laso

Hi Laso,

Happy to help any time!

You can take the version you have from the other devices and transfer it over to this one to get that back running.

This tutorial shows how to do that method.

Hope that helps