RACHEL does not restart after first power down

Waited ten minutes. No flashing wifi led.

Before you start. Go to your modules file. Copy the first 5 lines and save to a new file. This file will be our initial module load list to verify all is good before we spend many hours installing the entire modules list.

1. Connect to your device by typing the IP address into your browser (let me know if don’t have a way to find the IP address).
  2. You should see the Rachel content page loads
  3. Go to the top-right of the page and login as admin (pswd: Rachel+1)
  4. Click on the “Install” tab
  5. Toward the top-right, click on “Advanced”
  6. Toward the top-left, click on the menu to the right of ".modules: and select “rachel-autoinstall”
  7. Just below is another menu “server:”, make sure that menu shows “dev.worldpossible.org”
  8. Click on the button just above to the right “Browse…” and select your (5-line) modules file
  9. Click on “Install”

You should see progress bar activity on the first module being installed. This will take roughly 1.5-2 hours to install. Once completed, you may boot a few times to show your issue has been resolved. If this is the case, you may repeat the steps with your full modules list file.

OK. I believe the link I provided was a zip file. I don’t think I mentioned to unzip before using the file as an image on the USB. If you didn’t unzip, please do that and reflash the USB.

I unzipped. The USB looks like this in Windows.

Wasn’t sure that Windows would recognize the file system.

I can try flashing the RACHEL again.

That looks correct. Please try to flash the device again. First, be sure the utility you are using to create an image on the USB, is not just copying the image file to USB, but creating the bootable image on the USB. Some utilities that create images, have a box to check if you are creating a bootable image.

Sorry. One more thing. After you have the USB updated as a bootlabe image:

1. Disconnect it from your laptop and then back in.
  2. Open rachel-autoinstall.modules and delete everything below “en-local_content”
  3. Open update.sh and about 15 lines down, you will find “method=1”. Change this to “method=3”

The imager looks like this:

The only option is a hash and “Read Only Allocated Partitions”. I didn’t check the latter.

OK. If this doesn’t work. Tomorrow, I will send you the utility that have used many times for creating a bootable image.

She has a pulse, doctor. I’ll power down and reboot.

Awesome! :+1: :crossed_fingers:

Down and back up successfully three times. Connected to wifi and saw RACHEL with no content.

Toward the top-left, click on the menu to the right of ".modules: and select “rachel-autoinstall”

I don’t have “rachel-autoinstall” in this drop down list. I have

reinstall existing set
clone from server

full
justice

to the right of the drop down list, I have “— or — upload Choose File”.

Under “server:”, I have an Install button.

I used the same exact image and got the expected menu options. I do not expect any mis-step on your end. I’ll do a little investigation, as I would have expected this menu on a previous image rev. If you would like, you can try to load the 5 modules as a test. Just use “full” in its place.

O.K. If I need to download another image, let me know. I’ll try full.

Clicked Install. Took me to Add Modules page. Displayed “Internal Error” in the text box below “Add Modules”. Displays the five module names under “Currently Adding”. After a minute, displays “failed” beside each module.

image Try these setting and select “Install”

“reinstall existing set” doesn’t seem to do anything. Doesn’t update “Currently Adding”. Still seeing “Internal Error”.

@Steve

Here’s the version info from RACHEL.

Good morning,

Do you see any modules on your device at this time? In the “Hardware” tab on the admin page, what is your current disk capacity? Thanks

I have “No modules found.” on my Modules tab. My attempts to install modules failed.

My rachel-autoinstall.modules file on the image USB contained only “en-local_content”.

I have 2.2G used (1%) and 896 G available.